This vital prophecy, I believe, speaks about today like a newspaper covering current events. While the United States here is the Babylon in question, there are other descendants of Babylon all seeking to do what El stopped Nimrod from doing. Being a unified enemy of God.
Continuing in Jeremiah 50:6, “My People” is the term of endearment for the Hebrews. The word Hebrew means “crossing over.” Abraham is the first Hebrew. If you have crossed over and consider yourself one of Abraham’s many children saved by Grace through Faith, then you can consider yourself His people. Remember, Abraham believed and it was counted unto him as righteousness[i].
(6) My people hath been lost sheep; their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains; they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting-place.
We have gone astray. Nobody is competently leading us. The term shepherds brings the term Sunday church catholic pastor to mind. This group adheres to the altered Gospel from the 4th century.
(18) For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (19) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
We could also point out the Orthodox Rabbi’s here adhering to a man made oral law and not the YeHoVaH inscribed Mosaic law.
(2) Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Messiah came to save the lost. Those in both groups are confused by the pastors and the rabbi’s, otherwise, without watchful shepherds.
Dispensationalists have conveniently divided the camp of Hebrews into two groups. They are those who rejected “Christ” or the “Jews” being the outcasts and those in the church or the “Believers” being the new recipients of YeHoVaH’s many promises. This is bare naked replacement theology which postulates that the Sunday church catholic replaced the Jews in all of the promises in the Old Testament because the Pharisees rejected their Messiah. That is about as true as the non-biblical pre-tribulation rapture theory they also teach with two last trumps. Before the Tribulation and at the end. There can only be one last trump.
There is only one believer and one vine to be grafted into. It requires the walls to come down from the Sunday Church worshipper and the rabbinic oral law that the world seems to think is real Judaism.
(7) All that found them have devoured them; and their adversaries said: ‘We are not guilty’; because they have sinned against the LORD, the habitation of justice, even the LORD, the hope of their fathers.
We who run away from the call of God on our lives will eventually lose His protection. We may even have to resort to eating corn cobs in the pig’s pen before we wake up. Some of us are consumed with the “love of money”, the root of all evil. Our enemies may take advantage of us through impoverishment or a spirit of arrogance but “Vengeance is Mine, says YeHoVaH.[ii]” They are held accountable in YeHoVaH’s court of justice.
While I was pondering a certain offense perpetrated against me the other day and the lack of knowable justice, the Qahal spirit reminded me, “Isn’t Hell enough?” That brought me back to my roots in manure.
(8) Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and go forth out of the land of the Chaldeans, and be as the he-goats before the flocks.
As this prophecy unfolds, there’s a one word summary. FLEE! And for good reason.
(9) For, lo, I will stir up and cause to come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country; and they shall set themselves in array against her, from thence she shall be taken; their arrows shall be as of a mighty man that maketh childless; none shall return in vain.
Hmmm… an arrow that is so accurate that each one of them hits their target. Not mystifying today but I’m sure Jeremiah had never heard or seen such a thing in his day[iii]. In my earlier blog entry, “Have You Heard the One about the Nation that was Destroyed by Nuclear Bombs?”[iv] We established that this group of nations to the north is the Russian Federation[v].
Funny thing is, our leader is currently waging what many are beginning to call WWIII against the Russians and the Chinese. We have already established that America has no anti-missile defense against a total launch from Russia[vi]. There is now a smoking gun in the hands of Babylon’s leaders daring the Russian Gog for nuclear retaliation[vii]. Unthinkable but true.
[i] Rom 4:3; James 2:23
[ii] Rom 12:19
[iii] Think cruise missile or inter-continental ballistic missile with inertial or GPS navigation..
[vii] Try looking at www.whatdoesitmean.com for the Russian viewpoint.